By Cathy Mellett – Net Branding Ltd.
As social media champions, we often talk about the concept of “filling your sales funnel”. But in essence how do you really do this with limited time and resources to allocated to SEO and Social media. of SEO for marketing.
What are the advantages of Search Engine Optimisation for Marketing
- Creating content that utilises your keywords
- Creating an online content that continues to drive internet traffic and leads to your website and /or blog. Great ROI.
- Understanding keywords allows long-tail searches to be optimised and these phrases are far less competitive. Blogs are particularly great in facilitating this.
- Creation of inbound links to your website. Blogs are useful in facilitating inbound linking to your website.
- The search engines have become smarter as they want to improve the user experience in presenting search results. Keywords aid your online presence being found.
What are the disadvantages of Search Engine Optimisation for Marketing
- SEO is time consuming. Building a strong online presence takes commitment and time.
- For those that are non-technical, SEO requires some level of technical investment in order to ensure there are no issues preventing you from succeeding online.
- Google is not the only Search Engine that should be considered.
- SEO success is largely out of your control and requires long-term upkeep.
What are the advantages of Social Media for Marketing
- Social Media improves your SEO.
- Social Media allows you to build strong personal relationships.
- Social Media content can be shared across various networks.
- Targeted Social Media Networks translates into targeted customers.
- Social Media provides user generated content which is critical in driving sales.
What are the disadvantage of Social Media for Marketing
- Social Media without content such as blog content, videos, testimonials and pictures will fail.
- A successful Social Media presence does not happen overnight. In order to expedite the growth, you could opt for a paid promotion alternative.
- Social Media content expires quickly and becomes buried in constantly updated news feeds or twitter streams.
- Monitoring Social Media profiles requires time input.
Both SEO and Social Media requires regular quality content and consistently released information and our team supports a combined process embracing the positives of each online branding technique.
With many of the search engines launching their own social networks and giving priority to those networks in the search feeds, this internet environment is a constantly changing environment.
Within this environment under constant change, Net Branding is able to create a strategy going forward as to what will work best for your brand, set up the necessary profiles, create an affordable social media infrastructure for your business that embraces the positives of both SEO and Social Media. Our team can even assist you with the ongoing management of your online presence should you require this. We are flexible to fit in with your needs and offer onsite training to train your team on how to embrace social media and maximise its benefits for your organisation whilst expand your online presence.
So have you thought of incorporating SEO and Social Media into your business but that’s as far as you’ve got?